Pages

Followers - Thanks for showing me love :)

Sunday, October 17, 2010

First ever e.l.f products and an outfit look from Saturday

These e.l.f products are a part of my Crush Cosmetics haul that I got sometime ago. These are also the first ever e.l.f products I own and I was excited because they’re cheap and has some good reviews on some of their products.


I ended up picking up two eyeshadow C brush, two Mineral Eyeshadow Primer and a blush.

 
Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
 

Colour: Sheer

Net WT: 0.15 oz / 4.5g

No Parabens, No Preservatives, No Chemical Dyes

“This gentle and completely sheer eyeshadow primer has key vitamins A, C and E to help prevent aging and moisturizes the skin. The formula glides on easily and disappears instantly to create longer-lasting, crease-proof eyeshadow. The mineral Eyeshadow Primer is designed to be used with your favourite Mineral Eyeshadow to provide ultimate staying power for beautiful and vibrant color that lasts.”

I actually tested out the Eyeshadow Primer, so I didn’t just use it once. Even though it is designed for the use of mineral eyeshadow I just use normal everyday eyeshadows that I use and there isn’t a problem. It is sheer and the formula doesn’t show after applying it all over your lids. It comes with a sponge applicator (which I love) and the formula is not too thick either. As cheap as it seems it actually isn’t that bad at all and this primer does well. However I don’t find it brings out the colour of the eyeshadows as well as Too Faced Shadow Insurance (current favourite eye primer) does, but it does work and it did keep my shadows in place and they didn’t crease for a good 8 hour. I have to say if you use primer that frequently then the price of this is obviously more appealing than that of Too Faced, however Too Faced gives a better result when applying eyeshadow over the top. Perhaps if I’m just doing a simple neutral look I would just use this e.l.f primer and when I do more colourful looks I would use the Too Faced one instead.






Studio Eyeshadow ‘C’ Brush







“This Taklon brush can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this e.l.f. studio brush!”


“Creates the perfect smokey eye”

“The medium sized brush gives more control for more specific blending needs”

“Use with any powder eyeshadow product for color blending”

comparing size to my fingers





I bought two Eyeshadow “C” brush because I’ve heard some good reviews about it. It’s a short shading brush and I find the size of it just right. It’s soft and feels pleasant on the eyelids. What I love is that it doesn’t shed, neither of the two had shed one hair yet and I like that a lot. It’s affordable and the quality is good. I now use this brush every morning when I’m doing my eye makeup.












Studio Blush


Colour: Peachy Keen


Net WT: 0.168 oz. / 4.75g

“The soft sheer texture blends into the skin for a silky finish.”

“Designed to be worn alone or layered for more depth.”

“Highlight your complexion with a subtle healthy glow.”









The packaging is nice and it’s not made of soft cheap smelly plastic either. It comes with a small mirror inside the cover so convenient to travel with in your bag. It has a plastic film protectant over the actual blush. The pigmentation is great and the texture is really soft and smooth. It’s affordable and glides onto your face really easily without making it cakey or dry. However it is quite shimmery so it may not suit everyone. I find it leaves a nice glow on my cheeks, especially this colour I had chosen.

Now to finish off the post I thought I share my outfit I wore during Saturday afternoon to meet up with a girlfriend for coffee.  It was a nice warm day so spring clothing starts coming out of the closet.  It is just a simple and very comfortable dress, which I dressed up with a wide waist belt to add some style to it.

Dress from Body and Soul
Blue Tube Top from Target by Free Fusion
Belt from Road

This is the back of my black dress

3 comments:

  1. I like the look of that blusher, would it work at all as a highlighter? I am terrified of shimmery blushes incase I start to reflect nearby objects haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color of the blush and your outfit is really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sylviee: I tried it as a highlight and it works providing you don't layer and layer it one :) It's not as shimmery as it looks unless you put heaps on

    @CelyFrenchie: I really like this dress too, but i only wear it in Spring/Summer season :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment and your opinion, much appreciated :)