Pages

Followers - Thanks for showing me love :)

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I'm just your regular girl...

I had girls think I live a high life as a makeup artist, unfortunately I'm just your regular girl.  I work hard and long to make a career out of makeup artistry and I pay my bills with it.

Everyday I'm grateful for where I am and I'm happy that my work is something I love doing.  My heart flutters when I hear great feedback from photographers, stylists, hair stylists, models and even more satisfying is your everyday normal clients.  When someone tell you these following phrases (or what I've been told), it makes my heart flutters:

"I feel so beautiful, I can't believe this is me.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"You did a wonderful job with Gemma today, she was stoked"

"Wow, I love it"

"Your work is amazing"

Simple phrases can help me boost my confidence and it motivates me to want to further improve my knowledge and skills.  It drives me further and want to really do the best I can in this field of work.  I love my creativity, however I do love my beauty work too.  Sometimes the tiniest amount of makeup makes a big difference.

Makeup artistry isn't the only thing I love and it's not the only thing I'm grateful to have in my life.  I've been blessed with beautiful parents.  Hardworking and amazing chefs, so I'm always happily eating and getting fat. I thank my friends who are always there for me and supporting me.  I love my close girlfriends who makes me run after my dreams.  Of course I love my furbaby, Miss Coco for being just the way she is.

I want to thank everyone who follows my blog, facebook page and my makeup work.  You guys had given me a lot of support and knowing that people actually looks at my work makes me a happier person each day.  Thank you for every comment left on my blog, I truly enjoy reading them all.

Now to share a few photos to finish up this post....

I am far from being perfect when I wake up.  I'm naturally grumpy and my hair is like hell.


soft winged liner and red bitten lips.

Furbaby - with a perfectly round little bottom

Had a Thai dinner the other night with my close girlfriend Mandy (we share the same name!) - Stuffed Chicken wings

Pineapple Fried Rice

Seafood in hot basil

Red Chicken curry


Mumma bought some Kimchi Dumplings from the Korean Grocers... they were average

CRABS!  Love eating crabs :)

My dad's famous black pepper crabs, Cantonese style.  Spent the whole dinner eating it and not one piece was left behind!

On some odd days I crave for Strawberry Granita

Coffee is an essential for the early morning drive to work.  Can't live with out it!

Was cleaning out my makeup kit and found this shattered :( Boo!

Never through out your makeup tubes, cut it open and scrape out all that is left into a little pot -Australis Face Primer

Eve Pearl Mattifying Gel

Two bridesmaids from Sunday's wedding.  Helped a makeup artist friend with the Bridal Party.

Printed some of my work and framed them to add to the makeup cabinet.

Always stocking up the kit.
Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. i love this!! pictures of what you've been up to and all the yummy eats.. and taking a moment to reflect on how blessed you are :) i need to do that more too!! sometimes it's soo easy to get caught up in what's going on on the daily but taking a step back really makes your appreciate life so much more :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I should also reflect more often on how grateful I should be with where I am today. Never really thought about it until a couple of girls, clients from the photography studio said I was living a high life and I'm lucky because I enjoy my work/career. On the ride home I was thinking... wait a minute! I worked my ass off to get to where I am. Lol.

      Delete
  2. You're so pretty when you wake up!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment and your opinion, much appreciated :)