Pages

Followers - Thanks for showing me love :)

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bourjois Paris Smokey Eyes Palettes

I’m back to share some new products I bought and since then I haven’t bought another makeup product. Been at least 2 or 3 weeks now I think… so far so good…


Learning to reduce my spending and try to just live with what I own and I have to say I own a lot!

Bourjois Smokey Eyes Palettes comes in three different set of 3, I only got two since the other one was sold out at the store I got them from. I only remember paying half the price they normally sell it for so I thought it was alright to give myself a treat.


04 Nude Ingenu, 05 Rose Vintage
 I bought 04 Nude Ingenu (browns) and 05 Rose Vintage (Pinks), however I have to be very honest after testing them. They’re not particularly great and I’ve seen reviews on them that were not very favourable towards this product. The pigmentation was alright, nothing great but lacking in some way. I’ve noticed that the lightest colour in both of them don’t really show up or have much pigmentation. They’re all shimmer base eyeshadow so there isn’t any love for matte colours.


The texture of the eyeshadows is smooth, but blending is such a pain that I would probably not use them much. You heard me right; I found blending the eyeshadow was harder than most drugstore eyeshadows. I know for a fact that it wasn’t because I wasn’t blending enough, I was blending like crazy but it just doesn’t really blend well at all.

Here are some swatches I did…

Top line is without any base or primer.

Second line is with Elf Mineral eyeshadow primer.

Third line is with NXY Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk.



04 Nude Ingenu with flash

04 Nude Ingenu without flash

05 Rose Vintage with flash

05 Rose Vintage without flash

Anyway I went ahead and did an eye look with Nude Ingenu and here is how it turned out.

close up of left eye
Products used:

Inglot Gel Eeyliner 77 (black)

Elf Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

Rimmel London Mono e/s 214 Jet Black

CoverGirl Lash Blast Waterproof Mascara (for first coat to the upper lashes)

Maybelline The Falsies Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara (for second coat to the upper lashes)

Maybelline Define-a-lash Waterproof Mascara (for lower lashes)


different angle and lighting

light and natural, something you can wear on a daily basis

final look


How do you guys like the new borders I add to the pictures?

Is anyone interested in seeing some swatches of e/s and gel liners from Inglot?

Should I do an update on my new makeup organisation?

Anyway thanks everyone single one of my followers for their continuous support :)

I’ve finally collected my stuff for the giveaway and it will be launched on 31 January, because that day will mark my one year blog anniversary. Keep an eye out for that date and come back to enter :)

2 comments:

  1. Should I do an update on my new makeup organisation?

    I would love to see how you organise your make-up Mandy..... Hopefully I can learn a few tips on how to store mine :)

    & I really like the borders around the photos.... it kind of finishes it off if that makes sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @make-me up: yeah i kind of liked the new borders and even though that means that is an extra thing i have to do with i edit my photos i guess it looks nicer in a way :)
    i will have to find time to take photos of my makeup organisation soon then :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment and your opinion, much appreciated :)