Pages

Followers - Thanks for showing me love :)

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Why do we clean our makeup brushes?
Is it important to keep them clean?
How do we clean them?

We clean our makeup brushes to get rid of the cosmetic build up and bacteria that could form over the time. Everyone would have their preferred way of cleaning their brushes and to be honest I don’t think there is a right way to do it. I clean my brushes two ways, the first and easy way would be with the makeup brush cleanser. It’s quick and it’s simple. I use the Artiste, Brush cleaner by Manicare. It’s the convenient way of cleaner brushes on a daily basis after you’ve used them. It keeps it hygienically clean and reduces the chance of any build up of bacteria.



I normally just clean them straight after I’ve done my makeup and the lay them flat to let them dry while I’m out. I use a dry hang towel and a paper towel to clean the brushes. Firstly by spraying some of the brush cleaner onto the paper towel and wiping my brushes until all colours from cosmetics products are gone before wiping with the hand towel and letting it dry.

On a Fortnightly basis I actually clean all my brushes by washing them with a bit of warm water and shampoo. But gently without putting the brush out of shape too much. After a good shampoo I rinse it out thoroughly and wipe it with a dry towel before laying them all flat to dry over night.

I think that by cleaning the brushes you also get rid of any colour from previous application and it won’t mix in with the new colours that you use. By leaving build up on brushes you can tend to affect the colours you use after it. So in order to get the desired colour it is better to have a clean brush before application.

There are many brush cleaner solution available. I used to use the MAC solution but I found this one by Manicare for half the price and it did the exact same thing. It leaves my brushes cleaner and smelling fresh every time I use it.



Disclaimer: I purchase every product mentioned in the post with my own money and I’m not being paid to review any items nor am I affiliated with the companies. These are just my honest opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment and your opinion, much appreciated :)