Pages

Followers - Thanks for showing me love :)

Friday, June 7, 2013

When everything comes crashing down at once...

I swear when ONE thing goes wrong a whole series of things decides it is time to go wrong all at once.  I've had the most horrible couple of weeks that I'm really over it and I don't even want to think about it anymore. However I do want to share with you why I went MIA.

My mother embarked on her well deserved holiday, which means I had to start house sitting and doing house chores and making sure my father stays alive (yeah I'm not exaggerating either).  So that was added onto of my work/career and I wasn't complaining much beside a bit of frustration here and there and being driven up the wall by my dear old man.

I had bought 2 spare portable 1TB hard drive ready to to do back up on a day off.  Like every other night I turned off my computer and would start it up again the next morning.  Yep you can probably guess what happened.  My computer decided to DIE.   When I say die, I actually means it died.  As in there was no way of fixing or repairing it in anyway.  The motherboard decided it wanted to die and move on and make my tiring life a miserable one.  Hahaha, looking back now I was cussing so much at a dead computer actually does look rather stupid.

So here I was with a dead computer and have not yet backed up either.  OMG!
I had full on 7 full days of work and no time to buy a new one or even attempt to save my crap that was still on my hard drives inside the computer.  BLOODY HELL!



I ended up not having a computer for a goo 3 weeks.  Bought one online completely assembled (because I was too lazy and too tired and had no time to build one myself), I made some minor changes to it, well I bought extra parts for it.  Thank god I have a wonderful older cousin who knows his shit when it comes to technology.  He put in my extra parts and even set up my damn computer for me so all I had to do was drop it off at his house and pick it up and just set up and plug it in when I get home.  THANK YOU!!!!

So here I am a week after getting my new computer.  Did a major clean up and had finally backed up my stuff onto a portable hard drive.  This will teach me to do a back up more often.  for me I think I should do it at the end of each week.  I have way too much valuable/important business stuff and photos of my work/portfolio to want to go through hell again.

I apologise for my MIA, I did not intend to and I did try to update on my tablet but I have to tell you it's a pain in the butt to do it.  I only use my table to watch movies, read books, record my bookings and play games and to Facebook.

To finish off the post here is a couple of photos of my work from way back, earlier this year that I have completely forgotten.





2 comments:

  1. aww babes i'm so sorry it's been so rough for you recently!! but chin up usually when bad things happen in a row that means good things are a comin'! :)

    omgosh i'm obsessed w/ how you did her eye shadow.. i love the triangle/point i'm going to try that it looks amazing hahahha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds horrible hun but thank god you have a computer again! Nothing worse than when you loose everything, I know what that is like. Love the pictures too, great work! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment and your opinion, much appreciated :)