Pages

Followers - Thanks for showing me love :)

Monday, May 31, 2010

Lancome haul and review

I went on a hunt for a better Foundation and concealer, so I gave Lancôme a shot this time round. The young lady behind the counter was very generous and she flashed me a gorgeous smile which already told me she was definitely willing to help me out. I talked to her about finding a good foundation that was good coverage yet not too thick on the skin. She asked me a series of questions that included about my skin condition and whether I wanted it to be oil free or not. She was really helpful and I felt sorry for another customer who was waiting to be served. She spent so much time on me I actually felt like a valued customer.

She let me try a range of foundations to get the feel of the texture and how each one differs. She also took her time testing on my face while I sat in front of a mirror to match my skin tone. She was very generous in recommending different concealers depending on whether I conceal before or after foundation. She actually didn’t recommend that I use finishing powder because my skin is dry during winter but I get oily skin in summer so I normally use it to absorb the oil.

So what did I end up buying?





Lancôme Photogenic Lumessence Foundation
Light-mastering and smoothing makeup 14H comfort, SPF15
01 Beige Albatre

It is definitely light and has a good coverage and I was in heaven when it was been applied on by the lady behind the counter and when I used it at home. It has good coverage and because of my red blemishes it actually tones down the colour of it and I find the colour matches my skin tone really well. I’m currently very happy with this new foundation purchase because I don’t have to use load to get a good coverage yet I feel I’m not really wearing foundation on my face at all. Love the pump on the bottle; nothing satisfies me more than a pump because that way I can pump out small amount at a time to smooth over my entire face without having to over pour or waste excess amount.


Lancôme Effacernes Longue Tenue
Long lasting softening concealer SPF12
01 Beige Albatre

This concealer didn’t really matter whether you apply before or after foundation because it was a matching tone to my foundation. Talk about concealing, this baby does the trick for my bags under my eyes. It makes a big different and I’m loving how well it works. Easy to work with, blends nicely and it’s really soft and smooth during application. I find concealers are always so thick because it has to cover quite well but not this one. I don’t like the tube, it’s not easy to squeeze out so I think that’s probably the only downfall and because of how hard it to deposit it is hard to control how much deposit.

Lancôme Colour Ideal Poudre
Precise match – skin perfecting pressed powder 8H matt effect
01 Beige Albatre

I only tried this one once so I can’t really give much of a review. It is winter season in Australia and its cold so my skin gets dry. I don’t normally use finishing powder because I find it really dries out my skin more and makes it look unpleasant. My first impression of this is it very soft and smooth, but I applied it with a brush instead of the sponge puff it came with. It doesn’t last and it doesn’t fall off your face as fast as other powders do. I’m looking forward to warmer weather when I can finally test this powder to its full potential. However I do love the packaging, it is a simple way of packaging but the flower on the compact cover makes it looks so elegant and a good size to be carrying in a girl’s handbag.




So I spent a good amount on Lancôme but I’m sure I spent my money wise because I will definitely use it heaps and I’ll go back for more, but probably try and find a cheaper place to purchase the products. The purchase came with a free sample gift pack for spending $75 or more and I spent well over that anyway.

The make up bag was huge but the stuff in side is only sample sizes. I do like the large size of the satin blue bag though, perfect holiday bag for my makeup on the go.




Inside came a few test size products that I assume are popular in the Lancôme product range.

Genifique Youth activator 5ml
Bi-facial, non-oily – sensitive eyes instant cleansers 30 ml
Primordial yeux skin recharge, visible smoothing renewing moisturiser SPF 15, 15ml
Primordial yeux skin recharge, visible smoothing renewing eye moisturiser 5ml
Treson Perfume 75ml (love sample sizes because I love taking them when I go on holidays. Small and compact)
Hypnose mascara volume – Noir Hypnotic 2ml
Labsolu crème de brillance lip gloss - #358, 4.5ml
Colour Design Sensational effects eyeshadows 0.05 oz (1.52g) – Filgree, waif, couture, fashion show





Just a pick of the colours inside the palette. Good travel size in my opinion especially if you're only going away for a short while. the colours look like colours you could wear on a daily basis as well.






One last thing that is completely unrelated to Lancôme. I thought I share that I’ve been using Colgate wisp for some time and they’re like these mini toothbrush you can carry in your handbag while you’re out and about. They don’t require any rinsing of the mouth and are definitely very handy for after meals. There are time when we love the occasional meal that have lots of garlic in it or chives and what not that causes bad breath but is all too yummy to resist. There are no worries anymore because with wisp you can clear that bad breath smell before having to feel embarrassed. I’ve been using them for sometime now and I thought there were some cute little things that are worth a try. I love them and I always have a pack in my bag ready to be used.



Have anyone else tried these Lancôme products or any other that they recommend?
How about the wisp? What do you think of them?

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with the companies mentioned and all products are bought with my own money. I do get paid to do reviews or use their products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment and your opinion, much appreciated :)