Pages

Followers - Thanks for showing me love :)

Sunday, October 17, 2010

CoverGirl Eye Enhancers Eyeshadow Palettes Swatches and Review

I recently bought 2 of the CoverGirl Eye Enhancers from Priceline and hadn’t swatched or reviewed them yet. So today I’m just here to share with you my experience on them.


Each palette comes with 4 shades of colours and I already own Tropical Fusion from CG and I absolutely love the colours it came with. However I recently bought two and they are Country Woods (215) and Crystal Waters (270) to try out.

Left: Country Woods
Right: Crystal Waters
*Each came with a sponge applicator that I had taken out
 
Let’s run through a couple of pictures of the swatches I did on my hand with and without a base.  Also a photo of the Estee Lauder Eyeshadow Base that some of you maybe curious of.  I use this one most of the time as a base for swatches unless stated otherwise.

Estee Lauder Eyeshadow Base I use to do swatches with

215 Country Woods

With Flash

Without Flash

270 Crystal Waters

With Flash

Without Flash

CG so far had never disappointed me when it comes to their eyeshadows as their pigmentation is lovely with and without the base. The texture is always soft and smooth and not chalky at all. When applied to eyes it glides on easily and is definitely blending friendly.


I love how the packaging is clear as this makes flipping through your eyeshadows easier. Straight away you can see what colours are inside and you don’t have to go through them all to see what shades you have available. This is a product I would buy again and I would definitely want to try some of the other shades too.

If I had to choose which one I prefer then Crystal Waters won, not because their blues but because the difference in shades is a lot greater than that of Country Woods. I find Country Woods lacking in the shades difference so I wouldn’t use just this one palette on it own. I would most likely use one or two colours and then mix it with something else.



Have anyone else tried CG’s Eye Enhancers?

If so it would be lovely if you would share with me in the comment section.



5 comments:

  1. i LOVE cg eyeshadows too, i have oily lids and don't use any primer beyond my foundation, and i never have problems with creasing or fading when using these guys. thanks for the swatches! i may have to run out and add crystal waters to my collection...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought country woods today!! So excited to try it out :) Good review! I might go and purchase the blue one - see how this first one goes :)

    ------------------------------

    http://cutepinksparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That products surely makes prettify me. I like those colors and the crystal clear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice! I am planning to buy new makeup tomorrow and thanks i have seen this blog. Now i have the idea. Thanks a lot! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tropical fusion and crystal waters. Tropical fusion is amazing but im yet to try crystal waters.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment and your opinion, much appreciated :)